The Ultimate Guide to Commercial Success
Acting in television commercials is a highly competitive business, but it can also be very lucrative. Whether you’re looking for your first break or want to take your acting career to the next level, Squire Fridell will give you the insider’s edge. Arguably the king of TV commercials, Fridell distills four decades of experience in this comprehensive, humorously written guide that has been indispensable to aspiring TV commercial actors since the first edition hit the shelves in 1980. This fully updated fourth edition gives the lowdown on how online and digital technologies have changed the industry and tells you everything you need to know about:
• Getting a terrific headshot
• Writing a winning résumé
• Finding (and keeping) the perfect agent
• Honing the skills that every serious commercial actor should have
• Auditioning well and getting the job
• Using the best online services for posting your headshot, résumé, and reel
You’ll learn how to launch your commercial acting career and–more important–how to sustain it and be successful.
From the Trade Paperback edition.